Ceviche & Cocktails | Dining at Mukul Resort by Auberge
When booking a trip to a beachfront property in a tropical locale, fresh seafood and lovely cocktails are all but expected. There’s no better way to retreat into a vacationer’s state of mind than with local, freshly-sourced meals prepared for you and delivered in artfully crafted vessels – on the beach, preferably.
At Mukul, an Auberge Resort expect this and more, as you’ll be cradled within the country’s premiere oceanfront paradise on Nicaragua’s Emerald Coast. It isn’t merely the sights and sounds that will draw you in, it’s the unchartered experiences complete with excursions to nearby beaches and villages and a truly Nicaraguan presentation of authentic food and legendary Flor de Caña rum.
During a trip to the resort, you’ll quickly come to love La Cocina NiKul: Featuring a team of experienced culinary professionals serving innovative twists on classic Nicaraguan creations, dine on the country’s best fresh catch and enjoy Mexican, Italian, French, Mediterranean, and Asian accents added into local recipes.
Whether you opt for a three to seven course tasting menu at La Mesa, prefer a laid-back local Nicaraguan meal at La Terazza, or would like your very own picnic on Manzanillo Beach, take home some of Mukul’s most revered recipes, perfect to prepare and serve when you’re in need of serenity and relaxation the beach effortlessly exudes. Here, discover the secrets behind Mukul’s Blue Crab Ceviche and legendary Tangerine Flortini cocktail, complete with Nicaragua’s own Flor de Caña rum
Blue Crab Ceviche
- Mix the mayonnaise and chipotle chili
- In a bowl, mix the blue crab meat, tomato, onion, bell pepper and cilantro
- Add lime juice, olive oil and the chipotle mayonnaise
- Add salt and pepper.
- Serve chilled in a bowl or in a Martini glass with plantain chips
- Blue Crab Meat, 5 ounces
- Chopped Tomato, 2 ounces
- Chopped Red Onion, 2 ounces
- Chopped Green Bell Pepper, 2 ounces
- Cilantro, 1 Tablespoon
- Lime Juice, 1.5 Tablespoons
- Olive Oil, 1 Tablespoon
- Mayonnaise, 2 Tablespoons
- Chipotle Chili, 1 Tablespoon
- Salt and Pepper
Tangerine Flortini Cocktail
- In a shaker with ice, pour all ingredients in the order listed, shake for 10 seconds.
- In a Martini glass, pour the final mix and decorate with a slice of tangerine.
- Smoke with Flor de Caña wood barrels
- 2 ounces Flor de Caña Rum 7 years (dark)
- 3 ounces Tangerine Juice
- .5 ounces Grand Marnier
- .5 ounces Lime Juice
- .5 ounces Syrup